FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY FOR PERFORMANCE MANAGER/HEAD COACHES
Wakefield Hockey Club is searching for Head Coaches and or Performance Managers/Directors of Hockey who wish to take ownership of a 5 year plan to deliver both Men’s and Ladies 1st teams to the top group of National League 1 and manage the whole club player/team performance plan.
Who are we?
Wakefield HC is one of the largest and most successful clubs in the North of England. We have 8 men’s teams, 5 Ladies teams and 25 junior teams (U18-U10 boys and girls)
Our Ladies 1st team is currently mid table in NHL North Conference having just missed out at play off stage for promotion to NHL Premier in 2015 and 2016
Our Men’s 1st team is currently top 4 in North Premier having been relegated from NHL North Conference last year after a 3 year stint.
Our Ladies 2nd team play in North Premier. Our Men’s 2nd team play in North Division 2 (North East League)
The above teams form our Performance group and will be the main focus for the performance coach/manager
We then have considerable success at U18 and U16 level with our girls in particular at U16 winning the National title on 6 occassions.
Where are we and what do we offer?
Wakefield HC is situated 8 miles south of Leeds just 5 minutes off junction 41 of M1 motorway.
Our venue has been used for numerous top events. We were the Olympic training camp for Chinese Ladies Hockey squad in 2012 and more recently have staged National age group finals and various other Championships. England Men played Holland here in 2015 in wamr up matches before the EuroHockey Championships.
We boast 2 world class waterbased pitches. The main pitch is blue with a spectator stand for 500 people and a capacity of 1,500 spectators.
Our second water based pitch is alongside and has spectator accommodation for 500 people.
We have a small 30m x 18m warm up MUGA again waterbased. This is used also by our Disability Hockey section (Flyerz Hockey)
We have a new modern changing room and conference room building which is used for pre match meetings.
Our bar and catering facility is alongside allowing us to stage annual dinners and social events on site. A big part of Wakefield HC is that we stress that we are a family club where social events are very important.
We have extremely close links with top hockey schools on our doorstep:
- Wakefield Girls High School
- Silcoates School9
- Leeds Grammar School
We have a fantastic opportunity for a coach/coaches to coach:
- Our Men’s Performance group
- Our Ladies Performance group
- Design and manage our player talent pathway
- Support U18/U16 squads
- Support/Lead Junior coaching each week (Sunday mornings)
Key responsibilities also include:
- Plan and lead 2 training nights per week (7pm – 10pm)
- Plan and lead team during matches each Saturday/Sunday
- Manage fitness levels of the Performance group
- Manage player analysis/match analysis for the Performance Group
- Manage the squad culture in line with Wakefield HC Strategy.
- Work with the Director of Hockey to agree plans and work programmes
Key competencies we are looking for:
- Proven track record in team and individual player development at NHL level
- An understanding of the technical and tactical demands of performance hockey
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to get the best out of individuals and build a strong “Green Army” team culture
- Ability to be a whole of club person (not just a Performance squad focus)
We are happy to be flexible re the above opportunities to ensure the strengths of any applicant can shine through. So we do not rule out a mix of the above roles.
We will offer a competitive salary and ideally we would like the successful applicant to start in July or early August 2017. We would also do all possible to link this work with a coaching role at 1 of our local schools should this suit the applicant.
Closing date for applications: April 20th 2017
How to apply:
Please send your application together with your coaching CV to:
Norman Hughes: mobile: 07775915883
You must have the right to live and work in the UK to apply for these roles.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us on the mobile number above.